Friday, October 31, 2008

wired for a main course and dessert


The above picture is of my friend David, in full Bette Midler drag. He taught me how to:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt, sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth" --- Mark Twain. That's a great mantra for experiencing life's main course.
And this is from my "Dr. Phil" moment: build your own lives instead of "dining on the drama of other people's lives."* Learn the art of self-involvement. And if you cannot break the habit of dining on the drama of other people's lives... have some dessert: dine on a body part, in the vernacular of course. *from "Mad Men"
This photo shows how two of David's dear friends reacted to several bad reviews.

Max Reger was a bit more literary in his reply to a savage review: "I am sitting in the smallest room of my house. I have your review before me. In a moment it will be behind me." And that's great advice for handling comments sent with the clear intent to hurt. Cheers!

No comments: