Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Letters, NYDailyNews Letters

Two of my recent letters that were published in the NY Daily News:

March 2012
In It to Win It
Manhattan: Why are there so many shows like American Idol, The Voice, and The X Factor that send the message that the greatest achievement is to be a fantastic singer? I am not surprised that U.S. students are behind in math and science. They are probably so busy singing they don't have time to study.
Marjorie Levine


September 2012
Mayoral minutiae
Manhattan: I left my apartment at noon, and as soon as I hit the street I recoiled because I realized I had forgotten to apply my sunscreen. A passerby took a drag from his cigarette and blew second hand smoke in my face. I was thirsty so I stopped and got a 33.8 ounce bottle of cola and took a short swig. As I crossed the street, I was almost hit by a speeding bike rider who ran a red light. Life is just fraught with perils. I prioritize my worries.
Marjorie Levine

No comments: