Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Lavanberg Homes

The Lavanberg Homes were built in about 1925. This is how a young student wrote about the new buildings (so many years ago) in his PS 97 school newspaper called, "The Mangin Herald."


The buildings were located on the short block called Baruch Place. Many decades later, these buildings became part of Henry Street's Homeless Shelters. 



And here are these buildings as they still stand today, holding so many poignant memories of times from so long ago. 




And this is how, in about 1925, a young boy's mind wandered in a classroom of PS 97 and this is his little story later as he wrote about it for his school newspaper so long long ago: 





No comments: