Monday, April 25, 2022

DON'T USE THE F WORD ON MONDAYS

I went downstairs to the quiet main lobby at about noon

And much to my chagrin the mail was not in, it was too soon!


I grumbled and complained and let it be known

That receiving the mail is a major activity for this old crone. 


I shouted: “F**k, I came down here for nothing and I am mad!”

I continued to rant: “The mail delivered late is just so bad.”


A  neighbor walked in and took a bite of a donut on the table

Then another man in uniform came in to repair the cable.


The dentist went out to go around the corner for a bite

The massage therapist helped a mommy feel alright

And little Jackie went to the park to go fly his kite. 


And during this fiasco, the doorman drank the juice

And he pondered if he should vent and cut loose. 


Finally, he turned to me and said in a most cryptic way:

“Don’t use the F word on Monday.”


Now this is a true tale I kid you not

I appreciate his bon mots a lot. 



Marjorie J. Levine 4.25.2022

No comments: