Saturday, July 20, 2013

Congratulations, Alan Berliner

Today, I received this in an E-mail from the filmmaker, Alan Berliner:

First Cousin Once Removed will be screening at the upcoming San Francisco Jewish Film Festival, where I will be receiving the Freedom of Expression Award at the beautiful Castro Theatre on Monday, 7/29 at 6:25 PM. Last year's recipient was Elliott Gould and the year before was Kirk Douglas, and I'm profoundly honored to be in such amazing company.

After the awards ceremony I will be showing a clip reel of my work, followed by a conversation on-stage with Jay Rosenblatt, (another previous recipient and program director of the festival).

Hope you can make it.

All best,
Alan


This was my reply:

Congratulations on receiving the Freedom of Expression Award! I am so happy for you. You are a very deserving recipient. Your work is excellent, inspiring, and thought provoking.

You have motivated me to become creative and imaginative, and for that I will always be grateful. The body of my various work on the internet has grown greatly and I now do a live internet broadcast that is nostalgia driven. The idea for my projects began with you.

Again, congratulations... and since I am in NY I won't be there but maybe the conversation with Jay Rosenblatt can be put up on your website or on YouTube.

All my best,
Marjorie

My interview with Alan Berliner is at this blog and can be read below.


No comments: