Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Networking Event

from January 2012:


 Last night, I went to an excellent networking event at Sardi's. It was hosted by my TTN. During the mingle... I met Ellen, the Ellen of Ellen's Stardust Diner. She was also a Miss Subways, and you can view photos of her at the website. She is charming and a delight!

MEET MISS SUBWAYS, ELLEN HART STURM

The event honored empowered and active women, women who realize it is never too late to reinvent themselves after one successful career has ended. Look at me! After 35 years of teaching, I am retired from that career and I still pursue my hobby of stand-up comedy. And now I am a cartoonist. I am told my cartoons are whimsical and Thurberesque! Am I am the total Basquaiat of the cartoon world? The heavy traffic to my blog is making the toons an internet viral sensation! (I adore tongue-in-cheek self-effacing humor)

This is the interior of the private event room of Sardi's.



And here is Ellen in a photo taken last night. She looks incredible and she is as beautiful as the day she was named "Miss Subways."



This was the rainy night view from the window of Sardi's. You can see the marquee of the Broadhurst Theater, displaying Al Pacino starring in "Merchant of Venice."

No comments: