Sunday, March 14, 2010

My "very good years...."

First, let me thank all my readers who sent E-mails saying they love my daily blog layout color changes. I am glad you all like my taste in blog design. I am thinking of later this week choosing a palette of warm violets. Stay tuned!

"When I was twenty-one
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for city girls
Who lived up the stair
With all that perfumed hair
And it came undone
When I was twenty-one

When I was thirty-five
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
Of independent means
Wed ride in limousines
Their chauffeurs would drive
When I was thirty-five..."

Thank-you, Ervin Drake! When I was young, I do not think I was ever home on any given night. I can recall dancing at Les Mouches until 4AM. Then, we would walk home. Ah, the sweet glory of remembrance of youth!

I am meeting friends at The Morgan Library at 3PM, and later we shall have dinner at One If By Land. Oh, the food there is simply divine! I had lobster truffle ravioli there a few months ago that was exquisite! And the seared foie gras is unforgettable!

No comments: