Thursday, June 5, 2008

memories of The Hilltop Summer Theater

I found this letter I wrote on July 22, 2006 to Edward Seamon of the Pearl Theater Company:

"I was about fourteen years old when I went with a group from my summer camp (School of Creative Arts, Vineyard Haven) to see a rehearsal of a short scene from "A Streetcar Named Desire" at The Hilltop Summer Theater. It made a lasting and memorable impression, and I kept the program all these years. To this day, I remember your amazing and intense presence on the stage. So, please accept this fan letter... 45 years later. I have enclosed a copy of the program... and I will keep the origninal to remind me (every time I rummage through the things I kept over the years) of my first experience at the theater."

He never replied. Sometimes I think I reach...

No comments: